Saturday, May 19, 2012

I arrived at Rockefeller Center yesterday morning at 6:30AM!  Although early, it was not early enough.  The stage area to see Usher was already filled up but luckily I was able to watch him warm up from across the street.  After he finished the last song I made my way to Starbucks for coffee and lemon pound cake [Thanks, Dickerson Family!]  I made my way back to the plaza before I had to be at work and saw Matt Lauer and Al Roker! Maybe next time it will be Kathie Lee and Hoda...
Friday at work was great! Sarah, Julia, and I started off the morning with a quick trip to Home Depot to return a plant and pick up a few items needed for the store.  The plant was roughly 6" shorter than myself but I was the one who ended up caring it though the subway, on the subway, and to Home Depot on 23rd! Once back at work Julia and I were asked to make two slip covers for some pop up tables with 9' x 12' canvas.  Neither one of us had any idea where to begin!  Sarah gave us a quick run through on how to mark the fabric as well as a tutorial on how to use a sewing machine.  Although Julia and I were nervous, we did a great job. Now it is time to begin my first weekend as an official resident of New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment