Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Second day on the job went great! The time flew by - that's when it hit me that I really am doing what I love! Today the store was having a huge sale and the was opening an hour earlier which meant getting all the signage ready in before 9:00 AM.  After we finished the sale signs, Julie and I met the spring interns who are working their last week in the store.  They helped create the amazing whale for the Earth Day windows that made their debut in April.  As for the rest of the day we helped prep and paint wood for a new wall that will be located on the bottom floor.  [During our lunch break we splurged for some delicious dessert at Magnolia Bakery!] We were unable to finish the wall but there is no doubt we will be able to install it before the doors open tomorrow!
I went out with my cousin for dinner at  Brother Jimmy's BBQ.  The entire decor of the restaurant focuses on North Carolina and the ACC -- It really made me feel at home! Hayley, my cousin, has lived in the city for about four years now and therefore she is helping me make the most of my six weeks in the city...couldn't ask for a better tour guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment