Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunday morning was spent down at The Frick Collection.  For those of you who may not know, "The Frick" is the former residence of Henry Clay Frick, an industrialist in the mid to late 1800s. Henry Clay Frick had a passion for collecting great works of art; and in his will stated that his home should be converted to a museum following his death.  Although The Frick Collection includes painting by some of the greatest European artists, I enjoy going to The Frick  because I find the reformer residence truly breath-taking...

North Park - Tribeca 
Obviously I was missing Cherry Grove Beach this weekend! I spent my entire Saturday and Sunday afternoons by the East River and the Hudson River.  Both parks were the closest I could get to the ocean and although they were lovely, nothing comes close to being at Cherry Grove Beach with friends and family.  I even spent Memorial Day by the Jackie Onassis Reservoir by beginning my afternoon with a short walk and ending my day by reading a magazine just below the South Gate House on the reservoir.  Now all I have is a three-day week at work until my parents arrive Friday morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment