Saturday, May 26, 2012


I got a late start to my day of site seeing because I spent the entire morning catching up on some much needed sleep!  I had planned on taking a nap after work yesterday but the sun decided to come out so I wondered around the city until it was time for dinner in Tribeca with Cody and Julia.  Julia and I had been waiting all week to go eat in Tribeca and I have to say it was exactly what we needed after our last two days of work at the Upper East Side store.  Thursday and Friday were spent making hundreds of paper flowers for one of their new summer displays.  Julia, Marjorie, and I made the best of it though.  We listened to music and started making plans for a girls night out! :)



View from Brooklyn Bridge Park

 Although today was cloudy and muggy, I was determined to spend my Saturday outdoors!  I took the subway to City Hall where I started my walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.  The views you get from the bridge are amazing and I loved seeing the boats on the East River.  After the 30 minutes it took to get across I sat down to rest and take in the scenery from the Brooklyn Bridge Park.  After that, I walked back across the bridge and took the subway to the south west corner of Central Park.  I enjoyed a late lunch from Whole Foods at Columbus Circle then strolled up the west side until I reached the crosstown bus.  Once back on the east side I spent some time in the park until it started to pour down rain!  Luckily, I wasn't too far from the Plaza Hotel where I decided to take cover from the thunderstorm.  The storm passed shortly and I headed back to the 92Y where I will enjoy the rest of my night relaxing in my room...[possibly with a Crumbs Bake Shop red velvet cupcake!]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment