Wednesday, May 23, 2012

 Bug Wall Installation
Tuesday was not exciting so I'll skip to today!  We spent the entire morning cleaning and organizing the various storage rooms located below the store.  Fun fact: Below Rockefeller Center there are floors of hallways and hallways that are lined with door after door.  It is like a scary maze made of only gray CMUs [concrete masonry unit(s)]It was not a glamorous morning by any means but those of you who know me well, know I love to organize.  Therefore, the first four hours of my day weren't so bad.  Julia and I decided to walk down to Bryant Park to have lunch; which is right beside the New York Public Library.  It was relaxing to be away from the chaos that is Rock Center Concourse at lunchtime!  After lunch the sun started to come out and it was the perfect opportunity for us interns to visit the other stores in the city.  Julia and I aren't the only interns anymore.  Marjorie has been added to the group!  We only had three hours so we only visited the downtown stores which include: Soho, Chelsea Market, and Fifth Avenue.  The Chelsea Market location was my favorite!  I can't wait to spend more time in Chelsea/Meatpacking District.  I suggest that anyone who hasn't been to that area of the city visit it as soon as possible.  Tomorrow morning we are meeting at the Upper East Side location to tour the store as well as help out with a few display windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment