Sunday, June 3, 2012

Friday

I had an early early morning on Friday.  I woke up at 4:15 AM to get ready and head down to the Today Show. My parents were already on their way to New York City and were planning to meet me at Rockefeller Center as soon as they could get checked into the hotel.  Luckily, I was able to get a spot right beside the stage - it was unbelievable how close I was to The Band Perry! I got to watch them perform three songs for the Toyota Summer Concert Series.  My parents were not lucky enough to make it in time to hear the band play but that was alright since we had many other fun activities scheduled for the afternoon!  We started our morning by walking along the promenade from Tribeca down to Battery Park.  We stopped to get lunch at a restaurant along the Hudson River before getting on the Staten Island Ferry for a chance to see the Statue of Liberty close up.  Eventually we made our way back up to Rock Center where we shared a pitcher of "skinny" margaritas at a bar located where the ice skating rink is in the winter.  Mom and I did some shopping and then the three of us went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.  It had been a long day so we didn't stay out too late.  We all needed a good night of sleep before the rest of our weekend could begin.

Saturday

The American Museum of Natural History was the first stop on our Saturday To-Do List.  It wasn't quite was we were expecting and so we only went into the exhibits that we were most interested in.  We walked on the Upper West Side for a little bit until we decided on a place to eat  lunch before we went to Soho for more shopping! On our way back to the hotel we made a stop at Bryant Park and the New York Public Library.  It was the first time any of us had been inside the library and I must say it was gorgeous!  The architecture in New York City never ceases to amaze me.  To end our night we got dinner at Rare Rooftop Bar and Grill -  The food and views of the city were perfect.

Sunday

Sunday was all about spending time on the Upper East Side [my neighborhood].  Once we checked out of the hotel and dropped off our stuff at my room, we walked along the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  It can take days to see everything "The Met" has to offer so yet again we visited the areas we were most interested in so we could save time.  One of those areas was the Roof Garden [picture above].  There is no doubt about it that this was our favorite part of the entire museum.  We relaxed on the roof with a drink before heading down to Chelsea for the rest of the afternoon. Soon it was 5:00 PM and time for my parents to head back to good ole High Point...

Well I certainly had a great weekend in the city with my parents and I hated they had to leave but I've still got three more weeks in this beautiful city until it is my turn to go back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment