Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It has already been a tough week and it is only Tuesday!  The chaos all started on Monday when Julia and I had to uninstall the home windows.  The process took two and half hours of pushing, pulling, drilling, and boxing!  At first we were unsure if we would EVER finish but we were able to complete the task and we only sustained a few minor scratches and bruises. Once everything was cleared out of the windows we started repairing the art wall that stays as the background for all window displays.  That took us right up until lunch when it was time for me to call it a day!

Today got off to a stressful start because it was MY turn to be on "plant maintenance."  Although taking care of the plants may sound like a simple task, it is not.  Some of the pots are homemade and therefore cannot always withstand the wear and tear that comes along with being part of the store's display.  I was anxious about the task even before I got started because Saturday Julia told me about her awful experience with some of the plants leaking all over the tables and floor.  Since she also informed me that she repaired all of the broken pots, I assumed the problem was fixed for the time being.  [I was wrong...]  As soon as I got to the first large plant on the floor I started to water it and next thing I knew the water was seeping onto the floor!  I ran to get paper towels and was able to clean up the mess while the plant sat in a trash bag to prevent any further damage.  That got my heart rate going but I continued watering the rest of the plants.  I successfully watered all of the plants in homemade pots without anymore complications! I continued plant maintenance on the basement level where all the plants were in normal pots. Such a relief.  I thought I was almost done when...yet again another plant started to flood the floor! -- Needless to say, I was so happy when it was all over with.  Throughout the course of the day two more plants started to leak but thankfully I did not have to deal with them.  I'm pretty sure I lost a few years off my life with the stress those plants put me through but it is just all in a day's work! Tomorrow it will be Marjorie's turn to be on plant maintenance. [She's thrilled.] :)

No comments:

Post a Comment